The Remote Service Technician is a critical member of our installation team. This is a remote-based role that is responsible for the remote installation and servicing of SpectrumVoIP’s equipment with our customers. This position works with third-party contractors or directly with the customer for installation and support. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer service skills and be able to assist customers with the installation of products and provide customers with the necessary training and troubleshooting for successful use of SpectrumVoIP’s products. We are looking for someone that demonstrates excellent customer service and can work in a self-disciplined environment. This position is located in Plano, TX.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interact with customers to install VoIP hardware including phones and analog gateways
- Work with contractors to install our products. Including Firewalls, VoIP phones, analog gateways, and other networking equipment deemed necessary for the job.
- Be able to manage contractors making sure they stay on task.
- Maintain strong customer service focus and a desire to successfully interact with end-users and peer teams
- Providing general product and service training to new customers
- Provide troubleshooting or technical support to customers
- Provide hands-on and remote support to end-users
- Maintain working knowledge of remote connectivity software
- Follow safety guidelines for the area and all company policies and procedures
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of ISP circuits and modems (Cable, DSL, T1, FIOS, etc.)
- Structured network cabling experience
- Working with analog POTS services on 66 and 110 blocks
- Ability to follow detailed installation documentation and provide written progress reports
- Ability to troubleshoot networked office systems e.g. scanners, printers, DVRs, etc.
- Strong communication skills and must be a team player.
- Strong ability to focus on multiple tasks at once.
- Must be organized, self-sufficient, and capable of working with little or no supervision•Must be able to understand computer networking and network configurations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2+ years experience as an IT technical support or desktop support
- Familiarity with Mikrotik and Cisco routing/switching equipment a plus
- Able to distinguish all colors
- Related certifications a plus: CCNA, N+, A+, BISCI, etc.
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 10%)